Thursday, November 6, 2008

We could have worked things out

My Jerry Only costume at Halloween was sweet. Still got some trickle down Halloween material to cover. Notably a special Halloween song by BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN called A NIGHT WITH THE JERSEY DEVIL. Not his best but dude that song title is so badass. The video is also pretty boss.



Next up we have BLOC PARTY. I really like this band but I find they got blown up by the press and now they are totally getting torn down by the same media that made them so huge so fast. Some parisian bloggers ambushed the group and forced them into doing an acoustic version of MODERN LOVE in an alley. It's pretty special.


Bloc Party, 'This Modern Love' - A Take Away Show from La Blogotheque on Vimeo.

Now an M.I.A. double pack. First clip is M.I.A. and Blaqstarr doing a weird cover re-interpretation of WAY DOWN IN THE HOLE ( The Wire's theme song). I think a remix of this song could make it really good. I don't know how I feel about it yet. The second video is great band BUILT TO SPILL covering PAPER PLANES. Judd Apatow made this song overplayed but he also created Freaks and Geeks which I have been obsessed with recently.





One love!

p.s. Instrumental W.O.P. horror jam for you all.

No comments: