Tuesday, February 3, 2009

passed out with your ass out, pockets ran through with your brains bashed out

Today I was a the national archives getting stressed about school... Probably a good thing since I need to get my ass in gear. I also cut my hair for the first time in my life today. I will keep my dome well shaved for the foreseeable future. Seriously guys, shaving your head feels great and I recommend it heavily. SKINHEAD RENAISSANCE! Elsewhere I've decided to devote some of my free time to charitable endeavors. I want to start doing improvisation workshops with kids at C.H.E.O. this summer (if they let me that is!). I'm pretty internally grumpy these days but that doesn't mean I can't try to help others! No theme whatsoever today.

First up is a group I love NEW ORDER. A video from the same BBC radio performance I posted about a few months back. This is their biggest hit BLUE MONDAY but stretched out (7:33!) and made better. This live performance is NUTS! Bernard Sumner always looked angry and I love it.



In the same electro vein is current MTL group NUMÉRO#. I've really been getting into them recently and I thinkthey might be my favorite Montréal band. This is their first video I saw of them on MusiquePlus. It's called BOURGEOUSIE and it's pretty high budget for a franco-north american video.



Finally we have the most played song of the month on my ipod. BROOKLYN GIRLS by CHARLES HAMILTON. This guy is a fucking SOLID rapper and will ride this hipster rap wave with Kid Cudi. You don't understand how much I love this song. I want the instrumental and make a french version called filles de Vanier.




P.S. I WANT TO GIVE A BIG FUCK YOU TO UNIVERSAL MUSIC GROUP FOR THEIR NO EMBEDDING POLICY ON YOUTUBE. YOU GUYS ARE FUCKING DOUCHEBAGS AND I HOPE THE MUSIC INDUSTRY COLLAPSES UNDER THE WEIGHT OF YOUR GERIATRIC ASSES. SQUARE UP RECORDS FOR LIFE.

No comments: