Wednesday, February 10, 2010

national jing region

The main thing that motivates me to take pictures is a concept I call "secret worlds". Areas of everyday life that lie sort of under the surface. The Dom is a public place but many deem it dirty or unworthy. Documenting what no one documents interests me. Another secret world is a place called "Les Chinois". My good bro Djani introduced me to this 24 hour internet café. I don't know what it's really called but we call it Les Chinois aka The Chinese. Now that might sound racist but the place is run by Chinese people. Normally that wouldn't be a big deal but these guys are REALLY Chinese. It's like entering a portal into China. Communication is so tough it's hard to actually give them my money. Anyways this place is grungy as fuck and is filled with weird people when you dip in for some 3am gaming. I go here mainly when I have no cash to buy the new game I want. The basement is filled with pan-Asians who fucking go crazy while playing Warcraft 3 and really weird borderline goths. Sometimes it gets awkward... and I fucking love it. I will take more pics of this place in the future. Here are few to give you an idea of how dungeon like this place is. I still don't know how to get my fellow geeks to say yes to picture taking....











No comments: