Thursday, June 4, 2009

buddy, what scares you?

Youth Anthems ACTIVATE.

K, one of the main things I hate is the folklorisation of non anglophone cultures. Like if your from Botswana the only shit that western people will even think of checking out is their traditional music heavily anchored into the past. It just commercializes their ethno-cultural history and doesn't really push youngins to see their native tongue as being something vital that can thrive in a globalized world. I think the main goal of art is to go forward. We never hear of non anglo artists doing modern music in their own tongue. It's very rare for one to bust through and the french and spanish have been pretty much the only other languages to ever even register blips on the anglo-western music radar. Anyways. TEKI LATEX is quickly becoming one of the best french rappers lyrically and he has always been on the forefront of shit in terms of beats. Today we have a video with him and Swedish rapper ALEXIS WEAK. This might be the first time I have heard a Swede speak his language in a song. I give you a really well done swedish/french electro-ish rap video.

ALEXIS WEAK FEAT TEKI LATEX - INNE PA KLUBBEN



Next up is a generic lo-fi indie party punk band MIKA MIKO. They are pretty much all-girl so I'm liking it. Gotta support females playing instruments! The video is also pretty cool. I also want to add that pitchfork tv's new streaming video tech suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks.

MIKA MIKO - I GOT A LOT (NEW NEW NEW)



Since I was primed on a new Teki Tek video I decided to hit up a dope CUIZINIER/TEKI LATEX joint featuring the one and only GENEAVEN HEATHEN. He also has one of the best god damn blogs in the universe called SENSITIVE TOUCHING.

No comments: